Friday, January 23, 2009

The SUPER FANTASTIC Vita-Mix!

I have been trying to figure out how to add more fruits and vegetables to our diet. I was trying to decide between a juicer or the Vita-Mix blender. After a lot of comparing, I decided to get the Vita-Mix. There is a Vita-Mix roadshow at the Covington Costco until next week. I can't believe what this blender can do! I have a Bosch Universal Mixer and Blender. Every time I made smoothies they would have chucks of fruit or ice. They were not smooth.

Today I tried the following recipes; Going Green Smoothie, Strawberry Yogurt Freeze, and Peanut Butter Ice Cream. I am so impressed there were not any chucks of fruit or ice in any of the recipes I made. The best part is that the Going Green Smoothie has 2 cups of raw spinach in it. My kids have NO idea that their smoothies have spinach in them. After having the Going Green Smoothie I was SO full. Dave made the exact same comment. Cleaning the Vita-Mix was so easy. I just put some warm water and a drop of dish soap and in under a minute it was clean!I didn't enjoy cleaning the Bosch blender. I would have to soak it in and scrub it to get it to come clean.

Here are a few things I am excited to try: making peanut butter, making butter, making rice milk, salad dressing, and soup.

Here is a link for the Vita-Mix. There are so many health benefits to eating raw fresh fruit and vegetables!

http://www.vitamix.com/