I got an email from Emergency Essentials today.
They have a link to a Food Storage Analyzer. Basically you put in what amount of each food storage you currently have in one column. In the other column you can plug in what you intend to order from them directly. It was so easy to use. I even noticed that there was a button to add your items, input your canned food and items from the store, and MRE's. It also has the nutritional value of the items. It was pretty impressive! I thought we were doing pretty good on our food storage. We have over 750 lbs of wheat. I guess that isn't enough! The last few months I have not been adding to our food storage. We have been using our food storage but not replacing what we used!
I guess I have some shopping to do!
A few years ago we purchase quite a few items from Emergency Essentials. In that order were MRE's. Dave suggested that for our next family night we get them out and have the kids try them.
I have been pretty concerned lately about the flooding of the Howard Hanson Dam. It directly affects part of our Green River Ward. I know of a few families that have moved or are planning on moving because of the flooding possibility.
In a large scale flood you may be displace for a minimum of three weeks! They intend to give you 24 hours notice prior to any flooding to occur. I can't imagine only 24 hours notice! I guess that is why as church members have been asked to have our 72 hour kits ready!
http://
Friday, October 16, 2009
Emergency Essentials - NEW ~Food Storage Analyzer~
Posted by Johnson Family at 7:04 PM