Today Haley didn't have school because of MLK day. Dave took the girls to NW Territorial Mint for a tour. Dave's dad works at "the Mint" and gave them a tour. Haley was REALLY excited to tell me all about the tour of the Mint. Each of the girls received a pirate's debloom.
While the Dave and the girls were at the Mint, I went to check out 24 hour Fitness in Auburn. They are running a membership special through Costco. It is $299/2 years for a membership. You can purchase the membership through Coscto online until Feb 28th. We are currently members at the YMCA. It is pretty expensive! We have been there for almost two years. They have increased our dues twice since we joined. I found out that that for childcare for all three children it would be $30/month and that would be a lot less than we are paying at the YMCA. So, I would pay the $300 up front and then ONLY $30/month!
There is only one hang-up. Dave likes to swim and so we need a place with a pool. We are trying to figure out what to do. I could join the Auburn 24 hour Fitness and Dave could join the new LA Fitness in Covington. LA Fitness was less per month than 24-hour Super Sport with a pool.
We were planning on going to see High School Musical 3 at the dollar theater in Federal Way. When we arrived the line was so long we would have to wait to see the next showing. Dave didn't want to do that so was came home.
I spend the entire afternoon cleaning the garage. Oh what fun! I still hadn't put away the Christmas lights! Yikes! I found my food storage that still need to be put in my buckets.
Speaking of food storage, I have been wondering how to seal the Mylar liners for a LONG time. I discovered this neat video on YouTube that demonstrates how to use an iron to seal the Mylar liners in your plastic buckets. Here is a link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk9b0dAtJ80
I am still trying to figure out how many oxygen packets per liner for a 4 gallon pail. I have found various opinions online. Some say 3 others say 4 packets per 5 gallon pail.
Monday, January 19, 2009
NO school!
Posted by Johnson Family at 8:52 PM