Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The homeless

Last night the YW/YM delivered about few hundred fliers to houses in several neighborhoods in Auburn. We are collecting items for the homeless and families in need. During the holiday season there are many opportunities to help those in need. This is your chance to help! If you didn't receive the flier on your door last night, but would like to help let me know!

Quite a while ago Dave and I went to see "The Forgotten Carols". There is a song on the CD called, "Homeless" by Michael McLean. In the play they show some men rubbing their hands together to keep warm as they are standing next to a garbage can with fire inside.
I love this song!

Here are the words to the song:

Homeless, Homeless
Like the Christ child was, we are
Homeless, Homeless
But there is hope because
He came down to earth to lead us
And He vowed He'd never leave us
Homeless, Homeless
For in His love there is a home

Homeless, homeless
Was His humble birth
Homeless, Homeless
And still He changed the earth
Nothing kept His heart from giving
Through most of His life was living
Homeless, homeless
He showed it's how we live, not where
When his homeless days
On earth were done
He went home to where we all came from

And he went to prepare
A mansion for us there
He gave His whole life to lead us
And I know He''ll never leave us
Homeless, homeless
For in His love there's a home

I can't imagine what life would be like with out a home to go to each night. It is such a wonderful blessing to have shelter from elements. I can't imagine having a family with children and not having a place to live. We are so blessed!