Friday, November 28, 2008

Beautiful Thanksgiving!

Good thing I was up early in the morning!
It was so nice to enjoy such a beautiful sunrise on Thanksgiving!
When I took the picture I don't remember seeing birds in the sky!
How funny!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We went to Dave's parents house in Auburn. Dave's sister, Dotty, her husband, Monte, and their daughter Morgan also were there. Dave wanted to visit the family at 8am in the morning. I thought that may be a little bit too early. So, we came a little after nine. Haley, Amber, and Allison were able to play with their cousin, Morgan.

Everytime the girls go to Grandma's Dave find the puffy balls and insists on having a ball war with the girls.

Allison and Morgan thought it was so fun to play in the storage ottomans!

It was really nice to have such a small group of people. We had traditional turkey and I made the mashed potatoes, and sweet potatoes and a pecan pie. Jayne made stuffing, green beans, cranberry jello, and homemade rolls! They are everyone's favorite. She also made 3 sugar free pies and a beautiful, delectable, coconut cake! You wouldn't believe how good the sugar free pies were. I loved the pumpkin and razzleberry pies! She couldn't have done a better job on the food or decorations! Boy, that was a lot of work! ! !


Haley commented yesterday, "This is the best Thanksgiving EVER!"



Here is the recipe for the Patience Coconut Cake:
(It takes two days to make)

Patience coconut cake

2 days 2 days prep

16 ounces
sour cream
38 ounces
coconut
2 cups
powdered sugar
1 container
Cool Whip (Not lite or Fat Free)
1 box Duncan Hines white cake mix


Mix 16 oz sour cream, 16 oz coconut, and the 2 cups of powdered sugar together and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Bake the cake mix as directed in 2 layer pans.
When the cake is cool split the 2 layers and fill them with the sour cream mixture.
Ice the cake then with the cool whip and the other 16 oz of coconut.
Put the cake back in the refrigerator for at least another 24 hours.